• Wigolen Częstochowa

    WIGOLEN's history is marked by constant changes in its production profile and manufacturing technologies to meet changing market needs but also to create new ones. The Gnaszyn Workshop processed flax, jute, and hemp for the manufacture of sacks and straw-filled mattresses. In the 1930s the range of products was supplemented with tablecloths, spreads, window curtains, and sheets. Such a production profile was maintained till the end of the 1960s.

    In 1969, the manufacturing of vicuna products started based on processing textile industry waste. Initially, vicuna yarn and fabrics were produced to later proceed to the manufacture of stitched and needled nonwoven fabrics. In 1974, a trial series of polypropylene articles was produced and as early as in 1977 a large polypropylene fabrics department was put into service. In 1984 the oldest hemp fibre production department was closed and tow yarn was finally replaced by polypropylene ribbons. Eventually, the plant ceased to process natural raw materials in 1991 when the flax weaving shop was closed. In the same year the modern production of spun-bonded polypropylene nonwoven fabrics was launched.

    Nowadays many years' tradition of the firm - established in 1912 - as well as its employees give WIGOLEN its strength. That strength lies not only in the ability to identify and adjust to current market needs but also in its sustainable development and successfully predicting what the future may bring.

Copyright © P.W. Foliarex Sp. z o.o. Casus Design